Sitting Too Much is Deadly

sitting wooden man
-Photo by JoshSemans

It's a pretty obvious matter of fact, but if you're sitting in a chair all day you're not doing your health any favors. If you do it regularly, you can get stressed, and get fat. Well, it turns out that sitting for hours on-end can have further harmful effects. Like dying. At least according to some studies by the Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences.

What's worse is that the studies suggest that regular exercise doesn't necessarily counteract the hours you spent today sitting on a chair and surfing the web. Now, these are all preliminary studies and they haven't said anything conclusive yet, but the fact remains that doing nothing but sitting all day is clearly not good for us.

I found this article to be a healthy reminder for me to get up off my A more often, because I know that I spend too much time at work and home sitting in a chair. And blogging certainly doesn't help it either.

So on that note, I think I'm going for a run. Here's the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment